UHD is committed to protecting the health and safety of all who visit our hospital and clinics, including patients, visitors and staff. Due to COVID-19 we are temporarily enforcing the following visitor restrictions:
UHD Hospital and Clinic Visitor Restrictions
Updated September 2, 2021
Visitors will be screened upon entry to the facility utilizing standard screening tools. If a visitor screens positive for any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19, they will not be allowed to visit.
Screened, qualified visitors are encouraged stay in the patient's room while visiting. UHD’s Cafeteria is open to these screened visitors, with observance of hand hygiene and social distancing recommendations.
Exceptions may apply as determined by department manager in collaboration with the attending provider.
- Patients are allowed two visitors per Clinic, ER, and Inpatient hospital visit. These visitors must be consistent throughout hospital stay.
- Obstetric patients are allowed two support people for the duration of their hospital stay.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life (regardless of COVID-19 status) will be allowed to have visitors in small, controlled groups which will be confined to the patient’s room or other appropriate, controlled location. If PPE is necessary for visit, nursing will assist and ensure visitors are educated and follow PPE precautions.
- Patients who require assistance: cognitive impairment, developmental delays, or disruptive behavior where caregiver or healthcare decision maker is key to providing care or safety (includes mobility challenged patients) are allowed two individuals to be present if necessary.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have two visitors, a parent and/or legal guardian.